Career Highlights - 1991
IBM/ATP World Championship
- Suffered from a string of injuries - shin,foot,hamstring.
- Returned to action in February but lost in the finals at Philadelphia to Lendl
- Was the defending champ in the USO, lost to Jim Courier in QF. His candid remark that "a ton of bricks" was off his back drew criticism from players like Courier and Connors.
- Won the ATP World Championship at 20 years old, the youngest since John McEnroe in 1979
- In the Davis Cup finals vs. France in Lyon, Pete's first ever tie, he lost to Henri Leconte on opening day and to Guy Forget on the decisive 3rd rubber.
- Ended the year ranked no. 6
More Career Highlights
Back to Bio & Career mainpage